[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Clan TDG • View topic - The Future of Legion TD

The Future of Legion TD

Legion TD and other upcoming projects.

Moderators: BloodNGlory, Tower_Mazer, Lisk

The Future of Legion TD

Postby Lisk » Thu May 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Version 1.50c, which will fix some minor bugs & introduce small balances tweaks, will be the final official version of Legion TD for Warcraft 3. Thank you to everyone who has supported Legion TD this past year. There is much I would still like to do with the map, but I do not have the time.

Thus, I will be releasing an Editor's version of Legion TD. Anyone will now be able to open the map to see how everything works, and possibly publish their own version of Legion TD.

This forum will still be here for Legion TD players and/or editors to discuss the map, so I encourage you to stick around.

Best,
Lisk

...As for me, I will be refocusing my efforts to create a Legion TD sequel on Starcraft 2. More information will be made public in the future on LegionTD.com and this forum when development has further progressed.
Lisk
Spirit Walker

Re: The Future of Legion TD

Postby Pierat » Thu May 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Thank you for creating one of the best custom games for WC3. Gave me and thousands of others hours of entertainment. Can't wait to see the sc2 version!
Pierat
Super Pubbie

Postby nicolbolas>jace » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

what is this? and why can i make it 5000 characters? isn't that a bit much.... maybe later i will make a 5000 character essay on why 5000 characters is to much
nicolbolas>jace
Chronic Pubbie

Postby Burnin-Teddy » Thu May 20, 2010 9:42 pm

First and foremost:
Thank you for creating this pretty amazing game / map and for investing all this time into farther developing it until we finally came to the point we are now. Thank you and good job, well done!

Weeh... I doubt I'll get Starcraft II anytime soon. I do not know the release price but I am pretty sure its more than I am willing to pay. And it is probably going to take a while until its price is goes down significantly.
So I am probably going to stick with good-old warcraft for quite a while. Dunno if I ever move to Starcraft and if its probalby not goin to be in the near future.

Therefore I hope for a very good and nice 1.50c version. Perfect balancing is of course impossible and some races will be stronger than others but as long as you can play any race with a halfway decent income and have fun while doing so I am fine ^^

Well, sad to see you moving on but then again its not quite unexpected. If I ever happen to get Starcraft (probably going to happen, the question is more like when ^^) you better make sure there is still some kind of SCII-LTD for me to play, because I am going to ^^

See ya in Starcraft (or at least the map) and have fun with the new LTD =)
Last edited by Burnin-Teddy on Fri May 21, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
My builds:

1.50+
Beast 1.50+ -
Mech 1.50+ -
Ghost 1.50+ -
Ghost 1.60b -
Burnin-Teddy
Chronic Pubbie

Postby BadeNixer » Fri May 21, 2010 1:33 am

There are days you win &
There are days your enemies lose.
BadeNixer
Chronic Pubbie

Postby Klop » Fri May 21, 2010 4:41 am

It is very a pity to me that all so has quitted, but I wish to express to you the gratitude for the done operation, huge to you thanks!!! Your done operation has pushed me to create the first site in the Russian, and this site is devoted this magnificent map, I will do the utmost for continuation of existence of this game.
Once again thanks.
Excuse for bad English as all were translated by online the translator.

??? ????? ????, ??? ??? ??? ?????, ?? ???? ???????? ??? ???? ????????????? ?? ??????????? ??????, ???????? ??? ???????!!! ???? ??????????? ?????? ???????? ???? ??????? ???? ?????? ???? ?? ????? ??????? ?????, ? ???? ???? ???????? ???? ???????????? ?????, ?????? ??? ????????? ??? ??????????? ????????????? ???? ????.
??? ??? ???????.
???????? ?? ?????? ??????????, ??? ??? ??? ??????? ?????? ????????????.
Klop
Ruk

Postby 2vA_ » Fri May 21, 2010 7:45 am

yay legion td on SC2!

good to hear that and thx for all that you have done to make legion td so enjoyable.you are a very talented mapcreator man!

now after all that praise, crawl back in your cave and work on the next-gen legion td, we want it ASAP! :)
2vA_
Super Pubbie

Postby Gamed » Fri May 21, 2010 11:13 am

Haiz. . .it is quite sad to hear that LTD has stop developing in warcraft=( LTD can be said to be the 2nd game i played almost every day.Anyway thanks for making this map and i think it is a very fun and nice map.Hmmm maybe i will buy/get the starcraft in order to see the newer ver of LTD =)
Gamed
Super Pubbie

Postby unique » Fri May 21, 2010 12:13 pm

First of all thanks for this great map. LegionTD is the best mod on warcraft 3 since i started playing it.

But, i just wanna cry that this is the last version :( I'd really like to see a new versioni with a new race, but anyway thanks for making this great mod. ;)
unique
Pubbie

Postby kunglao » Fri May 21, 2010 1:49 pm

this is truly both a happy and sad day!

happy, because this great map is released as editor version. i'm sure community will come up with great new ideas and improvements.

sad, because you've created a amazingly diverse and yet balanced map. community made races and game changes are bound to be more subjective and therefore less balanced toward the creators change/race

i wish you best of luck in your further projects, and hope you'll stick around in forum.

maybe, occasionally, you can give something like "LISK APPROVED" to the community-made improvements (which are sure to follow) you consider worthy. (this also applies to other developers/testers)

once again, thanks for this unique and wonderful map
kunglao
Pubbie

Postby banduan » Sat May 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Very happy to hear that, Lisk.

Hope the game improves a lot on SC2, but good luck though: I've heard doing work on SC2 maps is very tough. There are so many limitations with the WC3 engine though, ancient enough as it is.

I've tonnes of ideas for your sequel, maybe I should post them on the suggestions forum?
Will this forum become your SC2 site?
banduan
Super Pubbie

Postby Prejudiced » Sun May 23, 2010 2:40 am

Thanks for the wonderful map you have made.. Good luck in your future.. ;)
Prejudiced
Pubbie

Postby brandnew » Sun May 23, 2010 5:51 am

Thank you so much for your work Lisk, this game is quite honestly the only game I'm playing on my comp and it's been months I'm playing. You really did a fantastic job so thank you ! Farewell for now and good luck for your studies ! God bless !
brandnew
Super Pubbie

Postby soprof » Sun May 23, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks lisk for that epic map - it got in itself all the best wc3 custom's had, added bright idea and was well polished. Thanks - i had great fun, more fun then from a lot of games i had to money for.

What i wanted to say... I heard sc2 maps could be commercial - means user's would have to pay for the map. I would like to ask you to make new LTD free and let people "free2pay" for it as much, as they want. I myself promise i won't ignore that.

Gl Hf in mapmaking and real life, first of all.

To all guys who are gonna modify the map - you must rename the map, maybe add another loading/preview pic - you map must be recogniceable from others/lisk version. Don't forget about to mention lisk anyway :D
soprof
Ruk

Postby ithion » Sun May 30, 2010 3:21 am

I think legion td is a genious minds creation.
It has everything, training,tactics,variation, teamplay,luck,skill,never ending variation, its just EPIC.
Everything from a king instead of lives to how the income thing is set up with workers,farms etc its just. awesome.

Thank you lisk and I'll try my very best to provide a new version of it maybe adding some balances and races unless its to hard, never done wc3 map making before but hey after all the hundreds of games i've played I can spend some time learning mapmaking aswell;p
Reached over 3500 Legion TD games.

Ithion@ all bnet servers
happyjuiced @ garena (europe rpg room 11( element td ) is where i hang out mostly.

Searching for someone who can set up a hosting bot for the upcoming Legion TD Pro x1 map.

Add me on skype or msn if you want to arrange games
ithion
Super Pubbie

Next

Return to Lisk's Hive